Opportunity to join Hansel Henson as a Commercial/IP/IT Solicitor
We are looking to recruit a solicitor of up to one year’s PQ experience. A great mix of work for clients that range from start-ups to multinationals. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a friendly and talented soft IP and Commercial/Digital Media/Tech legal team in Central London that is ranked in these areas in both the Legal 500 and Chambers directories. It is a growing firm where there are great opportunities for career progression and client contact.
• A mix of contractual and other non-contentious work and contentious work (High Court and EU and UK IPOs).
• Running your own client files and assisting on larger matters, supervised by partners at the firm.
Skills, requirements and experience
• A good law degree or non-law degree and conversion course, including intellectual property electives;
• Sat an IP or commercial seat during their training contract;
• Preferably good experience of trade mark matters;
• Experience of corporate transactional work advantageous but not essential;
• Strong interest generally in intellectual property, media and tech law;
• A professional, proactive, enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated attitude;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
• Good communication skills;
• Experience in filing trade mark applications, registry oppositions and cancellations actions advantageous but not essential; and
• Possess good IT skills and be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.