Hansel Henson may change this Policy at any time in which case we shall notify you of any changes to this Policy. The changes will apply to your use of the Website after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Policy you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Policy.
For the purposes of data protection legislation, Hansel Henson is the controller for the processing of your personal data. Hansel Henson has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) of its processing of personal data. Hansel Henson’s registration number is ZA082702.
This Policy was last changed in May 2020.
SECTION A – Your use of the Website
a. What are Cookies? Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device when you use the Website.
b. Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The Website cannot function properly without these cookies. Cookies in this category are as follows:
i. exp_csrf_token: Ensures visitor browsing-security by preventing cross-site request forgery. This cookie is essential for the security of the Website and visitors.
ii. last_activity: Records the time of the last page load. Used in anonymously calculating active sessions.
iii. last_visit: Date of the user’s last visit, based on the last_activity cookie. Can be shown as a statistic for members and used by forum and comments to show unread topics for both members and guests.
3. Processing ground: Hansel Henson relies on the consent processing ground to collect the items of information listed in 1 above, as you choose to contact Hansel Henson in relation to your particular query or support request. Hansel Henson relies on the legitimate interests processing ground to collect the items of information from its use of necessary cookies.
4. How the information about you on the Website is used: The information about you described in paragraphs 1 and 2 is used by Hansel Henson in order to answer and respond to your particular query and to ensure the Website is functioning properly and appropriately and is optimised in the best fashion for its users.
SECTION B - General
5. Sharing information with third parties: Hansel Henson shall not pass your information to any third party (other than as described in this paragraph). Your information may, subject to Hansel Henson’s obligations to comply with applicable data protection legislation, be shared with the following third parties:
a. Microsoft Office 365 which operates Hansel Henson’s office suite;
b. having taken precautions to maintain the security of such information, Hansel Henson may share this information with its regulator;
c. in anonymised form, Hansel Henson may share the information with:
i. any third party, in relation to the sale of some or all of Hansel Henson’s business, or its assets, or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation. Hansel Henson will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your rights continue to be protected if your personal data is transferred in accordance with this paragraph; or
ii. law enforcement agencies in compliance with law enforcement, or as a result of a court order.
6. Links to third party websites and third party adverts: Hansel Henson is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from the Website. You should check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions. In addition, if you link to the Website from a third party site or via a social network (e.g. Twitter), Hansel Henson is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommends that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
7. Security: Hansel Henson has implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use.
8. Storage and Data Retention: Your information is stored by us, in the EEA. We retain your information for so long as is reasonably necessary for us to, for example, answer your particular query or deal with your particular matter. Where possible we will allow you to exercise your right to delete such information although in certain cases we are required to keep information for legal and/or other compliance purposes.
SECTION C – Contact and Your rights
9. Hansel Henson Details: If at any time you would like to contact Hansel Henson you can do so by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com or write to us at “Data Protection Query, Hansel Henson Limited, 3rd Floor, 8 Bloomsbury Street, London WC1B 3SR”. This is Hansel Henson’s registered address and we are a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 8938624.
10. Your Rights: You can contact us using the details set out in the paragraph above if you wish to: (i) access a copy of the personal data that we hold about you; (ii) correct any items of personal data that we hold about you; and/or (iii) have any items of personal data that we hold about you erased or object to our processing of such items of personal data. You may also contact the ICO at any time.